Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Chocolate Pancakes

您们好! How are you guys today? I decided to start off with typing a different language, which I hope is okay. Another exciting thing is that, there are British exchange students here at my school! It's so exciting. I'm going to try to get a recipe from them, and possibly have them guest post. We'll see how that goes. It'd be nice to have some British food to try.
Anyways, I promised you guys a chocolate pancake recipe. Unfortunately, I don't have any pictures for them. They were all eaten up before I had a chance to take pictures.* I found one picture of these pancakes. These pancakes are really chocolaty and are really rich. I love eating these with dulce de leche. You can eat them with whipped cream and strawberries if you like. It's your choice. Next post will be my attempt at making pan de muerto, since Día de Los Muertos is coming up next week. Anyways, enjoy these chocolate pancakes and I really hope that I can post a British food recipe from actual British people. Enjoy these chocolate pancakes in the meantime. :)

*I got a recipe of the Victorian sponge cake from them, but I have yet to make it.
Ingredients:
  • 1 cup flour
  • 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder (can be 1/3 cup instead) 
  • 1/4 cup sugar
  • 1 1/3 cup milk
  • 2 tsp baking powder
  • 1 tablespoon canola oil
  • 1 egg
Directions:
  1. In a bowl, sift together the sugar, flour, and baking and cocoa powder. 
  2. Mix in the milk, oil and egg. 
  3. Heat a skillet or non stick pan to medium heat. 
  4. Pour 1/4 cup of the batter and wait until it starts bubbling. Then flip and let it cook for another minute or so. 
  5. Do this with the remaining batter. Serve warm with whatever toppings you want. Enjoy. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...