Sunday, February 20, 2011

Sushi Recipe. Yummy!!!

Hey hey, everyone. How are you guys doing? I know, I haven't posted much this week. I have been very busy. I am very sorry about that. I'm even scrunching time in to make this post. A lot of things have happened the past week, with family get togethers, club activities (which are after school) and of course, homework. I've been staying up and waking up early to keep up with all of this (well, more things too). I'm pretty tired right now. I hope I don't fall asleep making this post.
My family hosted a family gathering last night, and it was quite fun. Many people came, and there were delicious food. I made some sushi and everyone loved it. However, I didn't get a chance to take a picture of the finished product. Everyone ate it all before I could even take a picture. :(  But, I do have pictures of the steps of how to make them. I made spam rolls and California rolls. The California roll picture looks similar to the one I made. I hope you guys enjoy this recipe. And, if you guys are wondering, sushi is Japanese food. Not Chinese, but both are still Asian. This sushi I make is made by a Chinese person, me. So, it technically is CHINESE food. Enjoy. :)

Ingredients
  • 6 cups white rice, Nishiki brand
  • water (amount will be in the directions)
  • 1 cup rice vinegar (Nakano brand, natural kind)
  •  4 tsp salt
  • 9 tablespoon sugar (more, if rice is a bit salty)
  • seaweed 
  • avocado
  • fake crab meat
  • spam
Directions











  1. Put the 6 cups of rice into the rice cooker pot. Rinse the rice. Then, fill the pot up to the 5 and a half mark on the rice pot. The most should be up to the 6. There are usually numbers for measuring on the pot. Then, cook the rice.
  2. While the rice is cooking, make the rice vinegar sauce. Pour the 1 cup rice vinegar into a bowl. Add the salt and sugar. Mix and stir.
  3. When the rice is cooked all the way, scoop out the rice into a huge mixing bowl (or any type of bowl large enough to fit all the rice). Add 1/3 the rice vinegar sauce, mixing it into the rice. Make sure it is mixed all the way through. Then, add the rest little by little. If you think the rice may be a bit salty, then sprinkle some sugar into the rice and mix. 
  4. Place a seaweed sheet onto a bamboo seaweed roller thing ( I don't know what it's called). Spread sushi rice onto it. Then, add the crab meat and avocado along one edge. Roll it over once so that the filling is covered. Then, continue rolling until the whole roll is rolled up. Cut into small pieces. The spam is for spam sushi, if you guys want to make it. You can basically put any type of filling you want in the sushi. Enjoy. :) It should make around 12 rolls.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...