Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Stringed Paper Cranes


Hey everyone. Today has been such a busy day. There were exchange teachers from Korea observing our classes. So exciting. It was quite interesting. They told us a lot about the Korean schools. Comparing here and Korea, I feel like a lazy person. Students in Korea go to school at least 13 hours a day, 6 days a week. That's so much. I couldn't possibly do that. I guess their education must be somewhat better than ours. Man, I feel like a slacker.  I still have to study for my really hard calculus test tomorrow, and I'm not ready. It's so hard. But, I guess it is okay as long as I do my best. That's all that counts. What makes it even more hard to study are the paper cranes my school club had to string together today. I'm president of Make-A-Wish Club at my school,and, it takes a long time to string cranes, even with the members helping. We're selling stringed paper cranes to raise money for the Make-A-Wish Foundation. We're selling each strand for $5.

If you'd like to know how to string them together, here are the materials that you need: 
  • folded paper cranes
  • fishing wire/string
  • needle
To string them together, cut a piece of really long string (fishing wire). Triple-knot it at one end. On the opposite end, string the string through the needle. After, poke the needle through the bottom of the crane, all the way through, and pull the crane all the way down to the triple knot. Continue until you've reached the desired length. Traditionally, 1000 paper cranes are stringed, but you may choose as many as you wish. After poking the cranes through, remove the needle, and tie the end so the cranes won't fall. You may knot it into a hoop, if you'd like to hang it. Sweet and simple.

So, here's a picture of some of the materials you need.



Here are some pictures of some of the club members helping with the crane stringing. 



Here are pictures of me and my friend holding the finished strands.

    
The strands are almost as tall as her! 




This is me with the cranes
Thank you guys so much for helping folding and stringing the cranes! And, the readers, thanks for reading my blog. It means a lot to me. And now, you guys know how to make stringed paper cranes, assuming that you guys already know how to fold paper cranes. :)

By the way, to make this post even more random (and to end it), I listened to Indispensable, by Lucero, while string the cranes. Me and my friend love that song. The Spanish and English version. Mainly Spanish though. We kept singing to it. :)



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...