So, tomorrow, Make-A-Wish Club, which I am president of, is having a "Napkin" Sale. For the sale, I decided to bake sugar cookies, because it's right after Valentine's Day. They're in the shape of hearts, and I made a glaze for them. Don't they look delicious? They taste pretty good too. Well, they should, because it took me at least 4 hours to make them. The only reason is that I made the dough by hand. I didn't use an electric mixer or anything. My hand and arm got a good workout though. ;) I also baked a few cookies, just for my special friend.
Here's the recipe to these awesome sugar cookies.
- 1 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened ( I usually use less, but since it's for a sale, I used the full amount)
- 3 cups white sugar
- 4 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 5 cup flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- In a bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, and salt.
- In a different bowl, cream together butter and sugar until smooth. Beat in eggs and vanilla.
- Add the flour mixture into the butter mixture and combine. Refrigerate for at least one hour, or overnight.
- Preheat the oven to 350 F.
- Roll out the dough on wax or parchment paper, covered with powdered sugar to prevent sticking. Put some powdered sugar on the rolling pin too, to prevent the dough from sticking to it.
- Cut the dough with cookie cutters, and place on a baking pan.
- Bake for 10-11 minutes, until the edges are just starting to brown. Let it cool.
Ingredients for the Glaze:
- 1 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 2-3 tablespoon water
- 3/4 tsp vanilla extract
- a few drops of food coloring
- Measure out the sugar. Pour into a bowl, then add the water and mix. Then, add the vanilla extract and then the food coloring.
- After making the glaze and the cookies have cooled, spread the glaze onto the cookies. Then, sprinkle red sugar on them.
|for my special friend. ♥|
|also for my special friend. ♥|