Monday, September 5, 2011

Baked Pita Chips

Hello, everyone. Today is Labor Day. Happy Labor Day everyone. I hope everyone is enjoying their day. So, I said that I would post a recipe for pita chips. Well, here they are. This recipe is for baked pita chips, and it's really quite simple, really. It's much healthier than the packaged kinds, which usually have a lot of preservatives to keep them "fresh". In the picture, you can see that I ate these with hummus. Hummus is really yummy. My favorite is Athenos Roasted Garlic Hummus. There are other good flavors too, but I usually get this kind. Anyways, for the pita chips, you can buy pita bread from the store, or you can make pita bread with my recipe, here. It's really simple to make. You can also add other seasonings to make whatever kind of flavored pita chips you like. This is the kind I like. Enjoy. :)

Ingredients
  • pita bread
  • garlic salt (or regular salt)
  • cooking spray (olive oil or butter flavored)
Directions: 
  1. Preheat the oven (or toaster oven) to 400 F. 
  2. Lightly spray the pita bread with the cooking spray. 
  3. Sprinkle the salt on both sides of the bread. Cut into 8 triangles (or whatever shape chips you want).
  4. Bake for 6 to 12 minutes, depending on the size of the chips. 10 minutes should be sufficient. 
  5. Take out and enjoy. You can eat it plain, or with hummus. :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...