Friday, September 2, 2011

Gluten Free Pancakes (Rice Flour Pancakes)

Hey everyone. What's up? Well, today, seems to be an off day for me. I've had a weird day. I have no clue why it feels that way. I hate feeling like this. Anyways, I made pancakes today, because my brother loves pancakes, and he wanted some. The only thing is that, we ran out of regular all purpose flour to make these pancakes. So, I looked online and searched for a gluten free pancake recipe, the one that doesn't use flour. Well, the one I found uses rice flour. I edited it a little bit. However, these pancakes taste yummy. I was quite surprised. However, this pancake doesn't look good, huh? Well, it's because I found out that the batter is really funny. I was unable to make perfect circles with it like I do with my regular pancake recipe, which is here. At least they taste good. Well, here's the recipe. Enjoy. 

Ingredients
  • 1 cup rice flour
  • 3 tablespoon sugar
  • 2 teaspoon baking powder
  • 1 cup  milk ( I would reduce it, since it was really runny with the full amount)
  • 1 egg
  • 2 tsp oil
  • 1 tsp vanilla extract
Directions: 
  1. Mix together the flour, sugar, and baking powder. 
  2. Gradually pour in the milk, while mixing. 
  3. Mix in the egg, oil and vanilla extract.
  4. Let it sit for 20 minutes and then cook both sides until golden. 
  5. Enjoy. You can add chocolate chips, syrup, fruit, powdered sugar, or whatever toppings you guys like. 









I'll be making pita bread the next post. Keep updated. :) Pita bread is yummy. Especially with hummus.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...