Thursday, September 1, 2011

Cinnamon French Toast

Hello, everyone. I know I already posted a recipe earlier, but I still have to fulfill my goal of catching up with the recipes that are suppose to be made each week. Please bear with me.  Also, as an update on my life, I did some job shadowing (a dietitian) and volunteer work the past two days. Quite fun and interesting. Anyways, this morning, I made cinnamon french toast. I haven't eaten it in such a long time, and I love cinnamon. Especially the cinnamon rolls I've made before. We also had some leftover bread that we needed to eat because we didn't want to make any more sandwiches. I should have made it healthier though. Use 100% whole wheat bread, egg beaters (egg whites), low calorie sweetenerand skim milk (or soymilk). It's just an idea, but my recipe does not use the healthy ingredients, just regular ingredients. Enjoy. :)


Ingredients
  • 2/3 cup milk
  • 2 eggs
  • 1/4 cup sugar
  • 1 tsp ground cinnamon
  • 1 tsp vanilla extract
  • bread slices
Directions
  1. Whisk together the eggs and milk and mix in the sugar, cinnamon and vanilla. 
  2. Heat a skillet or non stick cooking pan to medium heat. Spray with butter flavored cooking spray, such as PAM.
  3. Dip both sides of the  bread slices into the mixture and put into the pan. Cook until golden brown on both sides. 
  4. Covering the lid helps, when cooking these. 
  5. Serve with either syrup, sugar or fruit. Your choice. Enjoy. :)




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...