Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Whole Wheat Chocolate Sugar Cookies


You won't believe what are in these cookies. And, guess what? They taste great! If you're looking for a healthy cookie for people to enjoy, you've come to the right place. Here's the recipe. 

Ingredients:
  • 2 cups whole wheat flour
  • 1/4 cup cocoa powder
  • 1 1/2 cup brown sugar
  • 2 tsp baking powder
  • 1/2 cup olive oil
  • 1 small hass avocado
  • 1/4 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
  • chocolate chips (optional)
Directions:
  1. Preheat the oven to 350 F. 
  2. In a bowl, cream together the avocado, olive oil and brown sugar. 
  3. Mix in the rest of the ingredients. 
  4. Drop by 2 tablespoonfuls onto a greased cookie pan. I just put it on aluminum foil. 
  5. Bake for 13 minutes. 
  6. Take out and enjoy. 

You won't believe that there are avocados in this recipe. Trust me. No one will notice. I suggest you guys make these the night before. They taste better after sitting overnight.

All of the taste testers said that these cookies were good. One of them was my professor and he says he's not very fond of avocados. All of them were surprised that there were avocados in them. I dare you to make these and test them on your friends and family.

Anyway, I guess that's it for now. I have finals coming up and I have to study. Then, it's summer vacation! Well, until my summer classes start.

Have you tried any desserts made with avocado?
Do you think it's weird to add avocados to desserts?
If you're in school right now, are you ready for summer break?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...