Saturday, May 18, 2013

Secretly Healthy Mocha Vegan Brownies

I know. I know. I've posted a lot of vegan brownie recipes already.



The first one I posted was this one (click on the word) and my 2nd one was this one , which I personally like better than the first. Everyone that has made the 2nd one loves it! It also helps that it's fat free and mostly all healthy ingredients are used (except for the sugar).

Well, this one is a bit different. As you know, I baked cookies with avocados the other day. That inspired me to bake some brownies with avocados. I know. I'm getting obsessed with baking with avocados. Hey, avocados have healthy fats in them! It's better than using butter. Anyway, I plan on baking a cake or cupcakes with them. No one notices that avocados were used to make these baked goods! Trust me on that. I baked the brownies just last night and there's only one piece left, I think. Wait, there's no more.  My father ate a lot of them (yes, I'm also guilty of eating one too many, or two).

Anyway, I guess you guys really want the recipe now. Well, here you go.

Ingredients:

  • 1 cup whole wheat flour
  • 1/2 cup cocoa powder
  • 1 cup sugar
  • 1/4 cup mashed avocado (about 1/2 of an avocado)
  • 1/4 cup olive oil
  • 1 tsp instant coffee granules
  • 3/4 cup water
  • 2 tsp baking powder
Directions:
  1. Preheat the oven to 350 F. 
  2. Cream together the avocado, oil and sugar. 
  3. Mix in the rest of the ingredients. 
  4. Pour into a greased pan and bake for 25-30 minutes.
  5. Let it cool and enjoy. 



I do warn you though, the bottom can get a bit sticky. These are more like fudgey brownies! You can bake them a little longer as long as they don't burn. Use the toothpick test.

I hope you guys enjoy these brownies. It's good to experiment once in a while with baking. You never know how the product will turn out. In this case, it turned out good!

I also had a fun day today but I'll talk more about that the next post. I watched a very educational movie. I'll leave it at that.

Do you like brownies?
Do you like watching educational shows or programs?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...