Saturday, December 29, 2012

Whole Wheat Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter Scones

I'm addicted to eating sweets, as you can see. I even made these whole wheat chocolate chip peanut butter oat scones earlier in the week. I love scones but I don't like all the butter and saturated fat that goes in it. 
So, I decided to make these. They are so healthy for and yet delicious. What's even better is that they are really low in sugar (compared to other scone recipes) and are really yummy. No raw eggs are used in it and you can eat the dough raw if you want to (I baked mines). They taste really good to. 
The secret to to making these scones soft and fluffy is the addition of greek yogurt. Yes. I used greek yogurt. Actually, it was nonfat greek yogurt. It's high in protein as well (most recipes use sour cream instead). These scones are actually quite big, aren't they? And, guess what. They are lower in calorie than other scones. I'm so happy about that. They also taste so good! I guess I'll give you guys the recipe first before I go off talking about other things. =) 

Servings: 11
Calories: ~230

Ingredients:
  • 1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
  • 1 cup oats
  • 1/2 cup sugar
  • 2 tsp baking powder
  • 1/3 cup dark chocolate chips
  • 1 cup nonfat Greek yogurt
  • 1/4 cup nonfat milk

Directions:
  1. Preheat the oven to 350 F. 
  2. In a small mixing bowl, sift together the flour, oats and baking powder. 
  3. In another mixing bowl, cream together the peanut butter, greek yogurt, sugar and milk. 
  4. Slow pour the dry ingredients into the peanut butter mixture. Combine.
  5. Mix in the chocolate chips. 
  6. Roll out the dough into a rectangle and cut into triangles. Arrange on a baking sheet. 
  7. Bake for 20-22 minutes. 
  8. Take out, let it cool and enjoy. =) 







 I hope you guys enjoy these scones! They are so healthy and delicious.

So, I have to do some elf4health recaps.

The elf4health challenge has been so much fun. I'm so sad that we only have one more week left. I'm really enjoying all these challenges. It's really making me more aware of my choices and my health.

Yesterday's challenge was yummy. We were to make a microwave mug cake. I used a bowl instead but I still made a single serving microwave cake. It's nearly fat free (except for the peanut butter I just had to add!) and I used whole wheat flour. It's not the prettiest cake but it was delicious. I will post the recipe later on.




During the week, I also finally made the spinach dip I was talking about last week. It was yummy! My sister even likes it, which is saying something. She doesn't say anything about the things I make unless it's terrible or if it's really good. So, the spinach dip was really good. Once again, I will post it later on. I'm sure you guys can wait. I probably will post the spinach dip recipe tomorrow since New Year's is coming up. I have a lot of recipes I want to share with you guys.

Another recipe I want to share with you guys is another mini donut recipe. However, this one is a regular recipe, not a healthy one. But, it was yummy. My sister wanted to eat some donuts, which is why I made them. It uses regular flour, not whole wheat. I also made a Vietnamese peanut butter dipping sauce to eat with egg rolls. I also have my mom's sweet potato and ginger soup recipe.  You guys will love the recipes I will post later on!

On the last note, I want to share this picture of the creek I walked by today on a walk with my family. It's so pretty.



So, do you guys like walking?
What are your favorite food that your parents make?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...