Sunday, December 23, 2012

Mini Whole Wheat Chocolate Donuts

Guess what I ate for breakfast today. Just guess.

What I ate is delicious and sinful. It's round, sweet and chocolaty.



You're right! It's a chocolate donut. I know, so surprising, right? I actually ate a donut. I haven't eaten a donut in such a long time. It's so unhealthy so I've been turning down offers on donuts.

Well, these donuts are healthier than other donuts and they still taste delicious! I used my new mini donut maker I bought yesterday, so, these aren't deep fried. I also used whole wheat flour to make these. My family loves them. I adapted the recipe from eatgood4life.


Servings: 37 mini donuts
Calories: ~50 calories

Ingredients:

Donut:


unpictured is the milk

  • 1 3/4 cup whole wheat flour
  • 1/4 cup cocoa powder
  • 1/2 cup sugar (you can use 3/4 cup to 1 cup if you like sweeter)
  • 2 tsp baking powder
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 cup fat free milk
  • 2 tablespoon nonfat greek yogurt
  • 1 tsp vanilla extract

Frosting:
  • 1 cup powdered sugar
  • 2 tablespoon fat free milk
  • 1 tsp vanilla extract
  • a few drops of food coloring
Directions:
  1. In a mixing bowl, sift together the flour, cocoa powder, sugar and baking powder. 
  2. Mix in the eggs, milk, greek yogurt and vanilla extract. 
  3. Preheat your mini donut maker. Spray with nonstick spray.
  4. Pour about a tablespoon of batter into each mini donut mold. 
  5. Cover and wait until it cooks (follow the instructions to your donut maker). 
  6. Repeat until all the batter is gone. 
  7. To make the frosting, combine all the ingredients together. Then, dip the donuts in. 
  8. Serve and enjoy. 






So, I went last minute gift shopping with  my parents yesterday and I say, I bought myself some gifts too. One of the things I bought is the donut maker. 




I also got a pancake griddle. 


I also got hello kitty earphones and a cute sweet cupcake bag. 



Of course, I got some Starbucks while shopping. Gingerbread Latte with soymilk, no whipped cream. 



So, that's may weekend. I had a lot of fun shopping with my parents. 

So, do you guys like donuts? If so, what's your favorite type? 
What's your favorite Starbucks drink?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...