Wednesday, December 12, 2012

The Best Healthiest Chocolate Chip Protein Cookie

I love chocolate chip cookies. Don't you? They're sinfully delicious! I can't just eat one. I have to eat 2, or maybe even 3, with a cup of milk.
The thing is, is that, I don't want all the fat and sugar that comes with it. Most cookies come with a lot of saturated or trans fat from either butter or margarine. Neither are good for the health.

So, what is a girl to do if she wants a good healthy cookie with all the goodness that comes with the fat?

Make her own recipe, of course! These cookies are sinfully delicious and yet healthy! They are soft and chewy and yet, a little crispy. My family doesn't usually like healthy baked goods I make but I have to say that these are pretty darn good. My brother even says these are one of the best cookies I've ever made (and I've made cookies many times before!) 

What's the secret to these healthy cookies? Instead of using butter or margarine, I used heart healthy olive oil. Don't worry. This cookie tastes fantastic and still come with the same texture as ones that use the unhealthy fat. I also used whole wheat flour, oats and protein powder. The chocolate is dark chocolate as well. 

I guess it's time to give you guys the recipe. Here it is. 

Servings: 37 cookies 
Calorie count: ~140 calories

Ingredients:
  • 1 cup whole wheat flour
  • 1/2 cup oats
  • 3 scoops vanilla protein powder
  • 2 tsp baking powder
  • 1-2 eggs
  • 1 cup brown sugar
  • 1/2 cup white sugar
  • 1/4 cup water
  • 1 tsp vanilla extract
  • 3/4 cup dark chocolate chips 
  • 1 cup olive oil
Directions:
  1. Preheat the oven to 350 F. 
  2. In a bowl, mix together all the wet ingredients with both of the sugars. 
  3. In another bowl, sift together the whole wheat flour and protein powder. Mix in the baking powder and oats. 
  4. Slow combine the dry ingredients in with the wet ingredients. 
  5. Mix in the chocolate chips. The dough is a bit crumbly. 
  6. Make 2 tablespoon sized cookie dough and drop them onto a cookie pan. It should make around 37 cookies. 
  7. Bake for 14 minutes. 
  8. Take them out. let them cool and enjoy. 











These cookies look delicious, huh? 

So, I'm officially on winter break and I have so much free time. It's finally nice to relax. It also gives me time to do the Elf 4 Health Challenge. Too bad I'm trying to limit myself to sweets, so I can't eat these cookies. I have to stick on the meal plan I created during the weekend. It's a challenge on top of the Elf 4 Health challenge. Me and my Elf, Arlene, had a chat last night talking about the challenges and I felt bad for not sticking to my meal plan. She encouraged me to stick to it while she goes back trying to eat lower carb.

Will it be hard to resist these cookies and other sweets? Yes! But, hopefully, it will get easier.

By the way, I created a facebook page. 

Do you guys have any plans for the upcoming holidays?
What's your favorite type of cookie? 

4 comments:

  1. Nice looking chocolate chips you have. I like healthy version kind of bakes.Anyway what is vanilla protein powder? Can I substitute with milk powder?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! and, vanilla protein powder is a dietary supplement. It's basically protein in powdered form. I haven't tried it using milk powder, but I think it would work. Tell me how it turns out. The scoop that came with my protein powder is about 1/3 cup.

      Delete
  2. I've been loooving things with chocolate chips/chunks in them lately! So although I can't say my usual non-pregnant fave cookie is chocolate chip, right now they are! :) I have too many to name, but I love oatmeal cookie and thumbprints...drool.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love chocolate! Oatmeal cookies and thumbprint cookies are delicious too. And, it's okay that you're starting to crave more chocolate recently. Oh, pregnancy.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...