Do you see how my cupcakes are arranged to look like a human being? I could have made a halo on top but I will do that next time.
I love angel food cakes because they are so light, fluffy, sweet and delicious. I just can never make a huge cake with a bundt pan because it always deflates. That is why I decided to make them into cupcakes. It's easier to serve, looks nice and it's delicious. You can make these for the holidays!
What I also like about angel cakes is that there is no fat in them and yet, they are one of my most favorite cakes. I adapted the recipe from this website and it yields a smaller portion than normal recipes. You can double it if you want. This recipe makes about 12-15 cupcakes.
Angel Food Cupcakes
Calories: ~60 calories if you make them into 15 cupcakes
- 1/2 cup cake flour
- 3/4 cup sugar, divided
- 5 egg whites
- 1/2 tsp cream of tartar
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 350 F. Line cupcake pans with paper liners.
- In a small bowl, sift together the flour and 1/4 cup sugar.
- In a large bowl, beat the eggs until foamy. Add in cream of tartar and salt.
- Gradually add in the rest of the sugar (1/2 cup).
- Beat on high speed until eggs form a soft peak.
- Gently fold in the vanilla extract. Then, gently fold in the flour mixture.
- Fill the cupcake pans pretty full and bake for 16-18 minutes.
- Take out and let it cool. Enjoy. You can also frost it with my protein frosting recipe.
Protein Frosting Recipe
- 1 scoop vanilla protein powder (about 1/3 cup or 36 grams)
- 1 tablespoon powdered sugar
- about 2 tablespoons water
- Sift together the protein powder and sugar.
- Mix in the water. If it's too thick for your liking, add a little bit more at a time until you reach the desired consistency.
- Let it sit for a few minutes and then frost the cupcakes.
Now, it's time for food reviews.
Clif Bar Oatmeal Raisin Walnut Bar
I enjoy eating Clif Bars and I have to say, these don't disappoint. They are softer than usual for Clif bars but they seriously taste like an oatmeal raisin cookie. I like how the walnut gives it an extra crunch. Yop
Yoplait Light White Chocolate Strawberry
I love yogurt. Who doesn't? I just don't like the calories that come with it. I was so happy to find this. It's only 90 calories and it's delicious! It has a vanilla sweet flavor to it with hints of white chocolate that seems to have been melted in with it. The strawberry pieces are good too.
Yoplait Light Boston Cream Pie
There's really nothing special about this one. It just tastes like plain vanilla yogurt.
So, what's your favorite kind of cake?
What do you guys plan on making for the holidays?