I made Chinese Hoisin Pork the other night for the first time and it was delicious. I adapted the recipe from this website. Sadly, I was unable to take the picture of the finished dish. My family devoured it before I got the chance to take a picture. However, I do have the picture of the sauce, which you can cook with pork and other meats too.
Here's the recipe.
- pork tenderloin, cut into pieces
- 1/4 cup hoisin sauce
- 1/4 cup plum sauce
- 3 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
Season the pork with:
- garlic salt
- black pepper salt
- ginger (sliced)
- garlic (whole)
- To make the sauce, combine all the sauce ingredients together in a bowl and mix.
- Season the pork with garlic salt, salt, sugar, ginger and black pepper salt.
- Oil a wok and add in the garlic. Then, add the seasoned pork.
- Fry until it's cooked and then add the sauce.
- Remove from heat and pour onto a plate.
I, personally, did not eat this dish, since I don't eat pork. However, judging from my family's comments, this dish is a winner. I did try the sauce and it is good.
Do you guys like pork?
What's your favorite food?