Sunday, November 11, 2012

Happy Veterans Day!!!

Happy Veteran's Day everyone. It's a day to honor those that served the country. I thank them for what they have done to help protect the country.

So, for Veteran's Day, Applebee's was having a promotion that all Veteran's will get a free meal on Veteran's Day. How do I know this? I went there today. We were greeted right away and we barely waited 2 minutes before we were seated. There were so many people there today though.

So, here is what I ordered:
This is the Jalapeno Lime Shrimp. It was delicious. Well, the shrimp and the vegetable parts were delicious. It had a lot of flavor. I was surprised at how much shrimp there was. Most restaurants skimp on the shrimp and I love shrimp! The vegetables surprisingly tasted delicious as well. The only problem was with the rice. It was dry and bland. I even tried adding pepper to it. It added some flavor but not much.

I also went to the store today and I saw this soda box arrangement:

 It's a turkey!

Anyway, I guess I have some food reviews. It's going to take a while Bear with me!

So, one of the things I have to review is this:


PowerBar Protein Plus Dulce de Leche. I just had to try this flavor. I mean, it's dulce de leche. I love dulce de leche. I bought it at the bookstore and it was expensive. I guess it was worth the price. It wasn't anything special. It was chocolate outside with a sweet protein chew mixture in the inside. It was pretty much a decent bar.

The next bar is this:


Blueberry Crisp Clif Bar. This was isn't chocolate but it's blueberry. I love blueberries. When I ate this, it was like a chewy blueberry muffin. It's delicious! I also like how the almond pieces give it a bit of a crunch. It's nice. It's my favorite non-chocolate Clif Bar.

Another non-chocolate bar is this:


Nature Valley Trail Mix Fruit & Nut Bar. This bar was alright. I liked it but it's not the best. It's chewy, hearty and tastes almost like the kashi ones but without as many almonds. This bar is really nice though and the cranberries were nice. I will eat this again if I ever come across it.

Another thing you have to try is this:

It's a White Chocolate Macadamia Nut Clif Bar. It's microwaved. It tastes really good too. I got this idea from TIU. Microwaving it makes it taste like a real dessert. The melted frosting and white chocolate in cake. That's how it tastes It's so good.

So, on Friday, I went to a Chinese restaurant just to buy this to eat:


Yes. It's the Hong Kong egg puffs. I've been craving for them since I left the motherland back in July. I haven't eaten them since. I remember getting these a lot in Taishan and in Hong Kong. Eating these gave me back memories and the tastes was almost the same.

I also went to this crepe place and got this (how do you pronounce crepe?):

It's the Strawberry Nutella Crepe. It has whipped cream and ground cinnamon on the sides. It was delicious too! And, it was very filling. The crepe itself tasted good. The strawberries had melted chocolate drizzled all over them and some powdered sugar. The nutella was inside the crepe. It was amazing. The strawberries tasted nice and fresh too. The crepe was warm and with the nutella, it tasted amazing. I ate the strawberries with the whipped cream and it tasted good. I tried some whipped cream and strawberries with the crepe and nutella. But, there wasn't as much nutella as I would have liked.

Later on Friday, I made Macaroni salad and M&M cookies .

The recipe for this salad will be up later, once I perfect the recipe. My uncle says that I should have added peas, which would making it more aesthetically pleasing. I agree but kids don't like peas in their salads usually and there were a lot of kids.

The next day, I went food shopping a bit with my mom. Here's some things we bought:


I wanted to pie the pumpkin flavored Clif bar but the store wasn't selling it. I was so sad. But, hey, at least I got the Clif Peppermint Stick and the Clif Gingerbread. We also bought the Asian Sesame Ginger Vinaigrette and the Sarah Lee 100% whole wheat with honey bread. I checked the ingredients and it's 100% whole grain. I just don't like this bread's high calorie content. 100 calories for a slice. The sandwich thins are 100 calories.  I haven't tried this Sara Lee bread yet but once I do, I'll review it along with Justin's All Natural  Chocolate Almond Butter. I can't wait to try it.

So, I've already eaten the Clif Bar Peppermint Stick.

 You can definitely  see the peppermint in the bar. It tasted pretty much like a normal Clif bar with peppermint. The peppermint flavor wasn't overpowering and it was just right. Sweet, chewy and minty bar. If you guys like mint, go ahead and eat this bar. You will be satisfied but this isn't for me. I like the chocolate kinds or blueberry one. 

So, the weather around here has been really cold. No me gusta. It also rained on Thursday. I guess you know that winter is coming soon. I'm sorry for not posting for a while. I've been busy.

I guess that's all I have to say.

How do you celebrate Veteran's Day (if you do celebrate it)?
Do you like crepes?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...