Friday, November 23, 2012

Pumpkin Pie

Here is a slice of pie. It's pumpkin pie. Pumpkin pie is one of my favorite pies.
Pumpkin pie is a traditional pie that is eaten on Thanksgiving. I ate some yesterday and the day before and I don't regret it. I'll just have to keep my diet in track until Christmas time.
Anyway, before I give you guys the recipe, I'm just wondering. Did you guys go Black Friday Shopping? When I say that, I mean, did you guys wait in a long line at night just to get the "best" deals? I know a lot of people have but I'm curious if there's even more or less due to the economy. Anyway, I think it's better to go shopping after the mad rush in the early morning (midnight, 4 am. I think you guys get what I mean).

So, finally, here's my recipe for pumpkin pie.

Ingredients: 
  • 15 oz canned pumpkin
  • 12 oz fat free evaporated milk
  • 3/4  cup sugar (I used white sugar but next time, I'm going to try it with brown sugar!)
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 2 eggs
  • 2 tsp pumpkin spice
  • pie crust


Directions:
  1.  Preheat the oven to 425 F.
  2. In a bowl, mix together the sugar, pumpkin spice and salt. 
  3. Mix in the eggs and the pumpkin.
  4. Then, mix in the milk. 
  5. Pour the mixture into the pie crust. 
  6. Bake for 15 minutes at 425 F. Then, lower it to 325 for 40 minutes. 
  7. Take it out and let it cool completely. Serve it immediately or refrigerate the pie.  
  8. Enjoy. 










 So, the day of Thanksgiving Eve, I had to go to class. We didn't learn much though since the professor knew not many people were going to show up. I knew the stuff already though. Anyway, before class, I went to the gym. I had a great workout on the elliptical. Then, I remembered that we were talking about exercise in my nutrition class and that stretching is important before and after exercise. I haven't been stretching much after my workouts so, I decided to do that. It felt great to stretch out my muscles. It relaxes me. Also,  I am still very flexible too, which I am surprised about. My head can still touch the ground when I do the straddle stretch while sitting on the ground.  I  bought 2 PowerBars at my school's store after my workout. They were on sale for 2 for 2 dollars.

 I bought the Apple Cinnamon Crisp PowerBar and the Chocolate Peanut Butter Crisp PowerBar. As I was in the fall/autumn mood, I ate the Apple Cinnamon Crisp PowerBar. Here's how it looks:




It tasted delicious too. It was a bit softer than I thought it would be and it was chewy. It smelled like Apple Pie and it tasted like it too. It was delicious. I should have bought more. Well, maybe next time.

Also, do you guys remember me talking about the SaraLee 100% Whole Wheat with Honey Bread? Well, it's delicious.

I love eating it with Almond Butter and honey. I also like making Turkey Sandwiches with Smart Balance Mayo. Both of the sandwiches are delicious. What I don't like is that the bread is a bit high in calories. 1 slice is 100 calories. So, that would be 200 calories worth of bread for a sandwich. Once you add the fillings, it will be about 300 to 700. It depends what you put in and how much. But, it's delicious and healthy. I still like the MultiGrain Sandwich Rounds better (or sandwich thins), since each "slice" is 50 calories. For a sandwich, it would provide 100 calories and then the rest are fillings.


So, what's your favorite pie?
-I have too many favorite ones that I can't list them all. Apple Pie, Pumpkin Pie, Pecan Pie, Lemon Pie, Banana Cream Pie, Chocolate Pie...the list goes on and on. I love desserts. 

Do you stretch after your workouts?

What's your favorite type of bread?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...