Monday, August 6, 2012

Protein Pancakes!!


Sorry that I haven't posted a recipe in such a long time! I wanted to post my China trip in one group so that it isn't scattered around my blog. Anyway, how have you guys been? I've been fine, staying home and getting ready for college. I'm also now a pescetarian. I eat seafood now, instead of just no meat. The only reason is that my parents will not allow me to not eat meat. I'll have to wait to become a full time vegetarian.
Anyway, the great thing about my university is that I can finally go to the gym to work out! My university has a gym that all students can use. I'm so excited. The last time I went to the gym was 3 years ago and I've been doing my in home workouts since then (gym memberships are expensive!).

I usually work out the first thing in the morning. I wake up very early, even during the summer. I wake up at 5 am during the school year and I wake up around 6 or 7 during vacation time. I know, I'm crazy. I'm just a morning person. After working out, you need to refuel, right? The body needs the protein and the carbs to refuel. So, I decided that protein pancakes are a great choice. 

Yes. Protein pancakes. The texture and taste are different from regular pancakes but they are still delicious. Add some peanut butter or almond butter  and some fruit, and you have a great breakfast/post-workout meal.

So, here's the recipe. It's from Tone It Up, if you've heard of those girls. They have great workouts that I do sometimes and they have great healthy recipes. Enjoy.  It makes 2 HUGE servings. 

Ingredients:
  • 2 scoops vanilla  protein powder
  • 1/2 cup  egg whites
  • 1 banana, mashed or 1/2  cup applesauce
  • 1 tsp ground cinnamon
  • 1 tsp vanilla extract
  • 1 tsp baking powder
  • chocolate chips (optional)
Directions:

  1. Sift all the dry ingredients together. 
  2. Mix in the wet ingredients. 
  3. Heat a skillet to medium heat. 
  4. Cook the pancakes like every other pancake. 
  5. You can add chocolate chips if you want. 
  6. Eat it with anything you want. Maple syrup, peanut butter, fruit. Enjoy. 








I also ate some fruit salad. :)




So, when do you guys workout?
Do you go to the gym or work out at home? 
What's your favorite post-workout snack/meal?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...