Friday, August 31, 2012

Costco Food

Hey everyone! How are you guys doing today? Well, I'm doing fine. Thanks for asking.
Today, I went to Costco. Yes. Costco. I love buying foods there, since they have them in bulk. That means that we don't have to buy food for a while (or does it?).


Anyway, Costco does sell healthy, organic food in bulk. That's one thing I like about that place. Clif bar, quinoa, seaweed salad, hummus, boca veggie burgers, pita chips, BROWN RICE SUSHI, you know what I mean. They even have greek yogurt! The only downside is that the variety isn't that huge. Meaning, if you want an almond fudge Clif Bar, they won't have it.
So, the first picture above are the Quaker chewy bars.  They are a classic. They aren't good for you, but they're not bad for you. But, they are delicious. Granola, with chocolate chips. Yummy! I also love the oatmeal raisin kind. There's a hint of cinnamon with it!

I can't believe that Costco is selling mooncakes! It was such a big surprise. They had all types of fillings. They had red bean, lotus seed, mung bean paste, mixed nuts, you name it! We opted for red bean even though I wanted lotus seed (since lotus seed paste isn't sold in cans or anything!). We bought a box just to try it. Well, we actually ate it today too, and it's decent. There are seeds in the red bean filling though, which was something new. I'd rather buy the brand from the Chinese stores. But, this was still good. Sorry. Even though it isn't "healthy", it is something I had to point out. They were even selling asian seaweed salad, which I love!
As you see, this is similar to the sandwich thins for sara lee and oroweat. This is the Kirkland Brand, or as I call it, the Costco brand. I looked at the ingredients and it's actually a pretty good. It's healthy. And, it is cheaper too. Sometimes, the Kirkland Brand is cheaper and is also healthy. You don't always have to get the brand name things. I actually haven't tried these sandwich thins yet, but hopefully, it'll be good! I'll keep you guys updated on that.

Ok. So, now, the food court. I usually don't like to buy foods from their food court since they are unhealthy. However, I do indulge in their nonfat frozen yogurt. It is high in sugar, but it's still pretty good compared to regular ice cream. Trust me. And, it tastes good too! Cheap and you get a lot of it.
Doesn't it look delicious? I had it twice this week!  I love frozen yogurt.
I guess I'll end my post with that. I'll post about the rest of my week later on this weekend.

So, do you guys like Costco?
Do you tend to avoid the food court at all times or do you indulge yourself once in a while?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...