Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Delicious Frozen Greek Yogurt

Hola! Today was such a great day. I got some Jamba Juice, the Berry Fulfilling, with soy protein! It was delicious. By the way, Jamba Juice is having a one dollar sale on their 16 oz smoothies this week. However, it's only from 9 am to 11 am. Go there while you can. It ends this Friday! That's actually the only reason why I went to Jamba Juice today.

Anyway, let's get back to recipes. As you know, I'm trying to eat really healthy. So, I'm going to be trying to post healthy recipes that I've tried and I think are good to eat. Well, I love frozen desserts, especially ice cream and froyo. So, I decided to make a "healthier" version of it. It can be eaten as dessert or even a post workout snack.

The taste and texture is not exactly like froyo, but it's still equally delicious. It's thick and creamy. So, here's this simple recipe. You will only need  3 ingredients, at most. I've made it using different types of greek yogurt flavors.

Ingredients

  • strawberry greek yogurt (I use oikos, but other brands work fine)
  • extra dark chocolate chips (2-3 tablespoons)
  • vanilla protein powder ( 1/2 scoop)
*the last two ingredients are optional

Directions:
  1. Place the greek yogurt into a container in which you can put in a freezer. 
  2. Mix in the optional ingredients. 
  3. Leave it in the freezer for at least 1 hour. 
  4. Take it out of the freezer. Scoop out the "ice cream" into a bowl. 
  5. Enjoy. :)




                      
What's your favorite Jamba Juice menu item?
Do you like greek yogurt?
What's your favorite cold dessert?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...