Anyway, let's get back to recipes. As you know, I'm trying to eat really healthy. So, I'm going to be trying to post healthy recipes that I've tried and I think are good to eat. Well, I love frozen desserts, especially ice cream and froyo. So, I decided to make a "healthier" version of it. It can be eaten as dessert or even a post workout snack.
The taste and texture is not exactly like froyo, but it's still equally delicious. It's thick and creamy. So, here's this simple recipe. You will only need 3 ingredients, at most. I've made it using different types of greek yogurt flavors.
- strawberry greek yogurt (I use oikos, but other brands work fine)
- extra dark chocolate chips (2-3 tablespoons)
- vanilla protein powder ( 1/2 scoop)
*the last two ingredients are optional
- Place the greek yogurt into a container in which you can put in a freezer.
- Mix in the optional ingredients.
- Leave it in the freezer for at least 1 hour.
- Take it out of the freezer. Scoop out the "ice cream" into a bowl.
- Enjoy. :)
What's your favorite Jamba Juice menu item?
Do you like greek yogurt?
What's your favorite cold dessert?