Monday, February 25, 2013

Love Your Body Week

It's Love Your Body Week. 

I noticed it today at the gym. In the locker room, all the mirrors were covered with paper and had sayings that said to love your body. One of the things it said was "The scale measures your weight, not your worth." 

I have to say, that is right. You are worth so much more than just a number. Everyone is. The number means nothing if you feel miserable all the time, right? Learn to love yourself. It's what makes you, you. 

Here's the link to the website

http://loveyourbody.nowfoundation.org/


It has a lot of great information. This actually reminded me of a women who avoided looking at mirrors for one year before her wedding. It's inspiring. Here's the link to the story

I just had to write this post right when I saw the mirrors covered in the locker room today. It's better to love your body than to criticize it. Love your body. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...