Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Healthy SELF and my week's eats

nutritionella

I bet you guys have been wondering what this button on my blog is about. If you haven't seen it already, it's on the side!
HealthysELF is a continuation of the Elf4health Challenge that Lindsay and Elle created.
What this basically is, is that we are given health challenges to do (sent through email and posted on their blogs!). It's a great community where everyone supports each other. There's even a facebook group that helps keep us in touch, encouraging each other and giving advice. 

What's even great is that for HealthysELF, there is going to be monthly newsletters with health articles and  reminder of the month's challenges. I am honored that I've been chosen to write an article for the first healthysELF newsletter. Thank you so much Lindsay and Elle! I hope you guys enjoy my article once it is sent out. 

Anyway, back to business. The past week has been quite hectic for me. Then again, I've just been busy. But, I'd like to post some of my week's eats. 

I finally tried one of the About Time protein powder samples I received. I tried this Chocolate Peanut Butter About Time Protein powder with Greek Yogurt. I have to say, I'm pretty disappointed with the taste of this protein powder. It didn't mix well with the greek yogurt and there was barely a peanut butter taste. The aftertaste was even less desirable.

As you see, I bought some groceries. I bought the Kashi Heart to Heart Honey Toasted cereal, Van's 8 whole grain waffles, Kashi GoLean Crunch Honey Almond Flaxseed, Laughing Cow cheese, honey roasted almonds and Dave's Killer Bread. Just to let you know, the honey roasted almonds are delicious!

Dave's Killer Bread is amazing! The 20 whole grain bread is delicious. It's all organic and I love the texture. It has bits of seeds within in the bread and I love it.


I tried eating this bread toasted by itself, and it tasted so good! I also made a turkey and cheese sandwich with it. Even better! It goes good with any kind of sandwich you like. I even tried eating it with peanut butter and sweetened condensed milk!
 I got hungry at school, so I bought some honey roasted peanuts. They were only 50 cents at the my school's bookstore. My school's bookstore has a cafe where they sell organic pastries too. I love that place, They cell 50 cent coffee too! Anyway, these peanuts were pretty good. I love honey flavored things.
The Kashi Heart to Heart Honey Toasted cereal is so good! I love eating it with almond milk. My sister says it looks like dog food and tastes a little like dog food. But, I disagree. Then again, I am born the year of the dog.
 I have a night class once a week, so I get pretty hungry and sleepy. Mi amigo bought this Alternative Baking Company Gluten Free Cinnamon Burst Cookie and  Mayan Mocha with soymilk from EcoGrounds during our 15 minute break (I love that place!). Thanks, amigo. I owe you one!
I can't say these Quaker Chewy Bars are the healthiest but there could be worse things you can eat. I like these chewy bars. I just wish that they were a bit bigger for their calorie count. The snacking nuts from kirkland are pretty good but I don't like how one pack is 330 calories. The juice is an indulgent thing. The Aidells teriyaki and pineapple chicken meatballs are all natural. They are so good!
I went to Fluid again, the coffee place near where I work. I've been going there every week. They have vegan pastries and most of it is organic. This gluten free peanut butter cookie was the bomb! It was soft but still a bit crumbly and crunchy. I loved it. I also decided to try a new drink, the Aztec one. I suggest not trying it. There's too much chili powder in it and it overpowered the chocolate taste.


After a while, I got hungry again so I ate this Nature Valley Trial Mix Fruit & Nut bar. It was delicious! Sweet, chewy and a bit salty. I loved it.
 The Van's 8 Whole Grain Waffles are delicious! I tried this with sweetened condensed milk and it was delicious!


I don't know what this says because the writing is in a different language. But, I do know that this is chocolate with almond pieces. It was delicious!
This Justin's Hazelnut Butter Blend is delicious! It doesn't taste like Nutella but it has a chocolaty and nutty taste to it. It was yummy!

I also go this organic tamari sauce from the Asian store. Yummy!

So, how are you guys doing?
Have you tried any health challenges before?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...