Anyway, I made brownies this weekend! I love brownies. What's even better is that these brownies are a lot healthier. There's whole wheat and it's only 100 calories! My little brother hates it when I try to make desserts healthy, but he didn't even notice with these. He actually likes them.
These brownies are cake like brownies, but they're still really good. I guess if you want less cake like ones, add less liquid and don't add as much baking powder as I did. I just like mines really thick in size.
My uncle compared these to the Fiber One Brownies, which are 90 calories. He says that mines taste a lot better. :) He said for me to send them my recipe. He's funny. Anyway, here's the recipe.
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 1 cup cocoa powder*
- 2 tsp baking powder (can use less if you want)
- 2 cup sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup fat free milk
- 1/2 cup oil
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup water (optional)
*If you want to use 1 1/2 cup cocoa powder, you have to add the water.
- Preheat the oven to 350 F.
- Grease a 9 x 13 baking pan and some cupcake pans.
- In a bowl, combine the flours, cocoa powder, baking powder and sugar.
- Next, mix in the wet ingredients.
- First, pour the batter into 12 cupcake molds. Then, pour the rest into the baking pan.
- Place the cupcakes on the bottom of the oven and the baking pan ones on top. Bake for about 30 minutes. Use the toothpick test to make sure it's cooked all the way through.
- Cut the brownies into 24 squares. There should be a total of 35, including the cupcakes. This will make it 100 calories each. Enjoy. :)