Sunday, February 5, 2012

No Bake Peanut Butter Chocolate Oatmeal Cookies

Happy Superbowl Day everyone! I didn't watch the Superbowl, but I heard that the Giants won.
Anyway, my aunts came over yesterday and we made a lot of foods, including chinese steamed cupcakes 发糕, Steamed Sweet Glutinous Rice Balls , and 碱水粽. The only thing is that for the Steamed Sweet Glutinous Rice Balls, my aunt made them and they look so much better. I'll post pictures later in the post, but for right now, let's talk about cookies.
I made no bake cookies yesterday before my aunts came over and I just had to share the recipe. They are so delicious! No Bake Peanut Butter Chocolate Oatmeal Cookies are so delicious. It's my first time making and eating no bake cookies, actually. I'm surprised they turned out. I've heard people having problems with it setting or it being to crumbly. Mines came out perfectly, except for the looks. They don't look that good.
My sister likes these cookies. The only thing is that they might be a bit too peanut buttery. However,  I love them. My dad says they are a bit too sweet but I can change that for next time. My aunt said the cookies were good. Then again, she loves peanut butter. Anyway, here's the recipe for the no bake cookies. Warning: They're addicting.

Ingredients:
  • 2 cups sugar (maybe 1 1/2 is enough)
  • 1/2 cup butter
  • 1/2 cup milk
  • 1/4 cup cocoa powder (4 tablespoons)
  • 2 tsp vanilla extract
  • 1/2 cup peanut butter
  • 3 cups quick cooking oats 
Directions: 
  1. Set wax paper out so that you can make the cookies right when it's ready. 
  2. Combine the sugar, cocoa powder, butter and milk together in a sauce pan. Bring it to a boil. Once it's at a rolling boil, boil for 2 minutes. 
  3. Remove from heat and mix in the vanilla extract. Then, add the peanut butter and mix it until it's melted. Quickly mix in the oats.
  4. Working quickly, drop teaspoonfuls of the mixture onto the wax paper, trying to make it a cookie shape. 
  5. Let it cool. It should set. Then, enjoy eating it. :)
* I just added the pictures of how to make the cookies. 7/20/12. Please excuse the day and time of the pictures. I haven't changed the date from the China time since I came back from there a couple days ago.












 Anyway, here are some pictures of some things me, my mom and my aunts made.

Steamed Sweet Glutinous Rice Balls







 碱水粽


 I don't know the English name, but it's suppose to look like some sort of bird.


How the dough is suppose to look.



 发糕

"It looks like an elephant!"- my sister said that.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...