Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Chinese Buns

Hey everyone. How are you guys doing? Well, today, I steamed these packaged lotus seed paste buns. I love lotus seed paste. The problem is that they don't sell them in cans, so I have to buy the buns. Anyways, these buns are delicious. And, guess what, they're only 70 calories for one. The only downfall is that they are kind of small. You might need to eat 2 or 3 of them to be content. I bought these at the 99 Ranch Supermarket. Here's how the package looks:
Anyways, even though I know how to bake Chinese buns, I'd like to learn how to make steamed ones like these. I have a recipe that I haven't used yet to make the steamed buns. I'll have to make them first before I post it. Also, I'll be making my own red bean paste. They'll be the bun filling. I would add lotus seed paste, but, like I said before, I don't have any. I also don't have the lotus seeds to make the paste. I still like red bean though. Be on the lookout for the recipe. :)
Anyways, here's the nutrition facts for the frozen buns. :

So, anyways, it's pretty simple to steam these. Here are the directions:
  1. Boil water in a wok.
  2. Place buns on a plate.
  3. Once the water is boiled, put the buns in the wok and cover with the lid. Let it steam for 5 to 8 minutes. These buns are small, so the steaming time is shorter. 
  4. Take them out. 
  5. Serve immediately and enjoy. 






No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...