Friday, July 15, 2011

Chinese Green Beans

Hey Everyone. I have been really slow at posting recipes. Anyways, my summer classes are almost over, and I can almost enjoy my summer vacation. I have one more week left, then I can officially start posting 2 recipes a week, since I am behind.
The weather has been crazy this year, and I don't like it. For one week, it feels like an oven, and then the next, it feels like fall or winter. It's so crazy. It's been a bit cold here in the morning, and it usually isn't, especially during the summer time. 
So, I decided to post something more healthy for this weeks recipe. Yummy green beans. I love green beans. They're so yummy, especially if they are cooked the way I like them cooked. I watched my mom cook this so many times, and that's how I learned to cook these. Enjoy.

Just to let you guys know, there are usually no exact measurements when it comes to asian cooking, so you will just have to eye it. 

Ingredients
The preserved black beans
  • green beans (as much as you want, we asians always eye it)
  • minced garlic (from 1 or 2 garlic cloves)
  • dried preserved black beans with ginger (there is a picture)
  • soy sauce (optional, we sometimes use it, sometimes not)
  • sugar
  • salt
  • oil ( to fry with)
  • water
Directions
  1.  Place the dried black beans in a bowl and fill it with water. Then, drain the water.
  2. The first thing you are to do is to drizzle oil on the wok, and add the garlic and the dried black beans. Saute it or cook it for  a minute or two. 
  3. Add the green beans, and then add water until the green beans are just covered with water. Cover the wok, and let it cook for about 5 minutes. check on it once in a while and if there is too little water, add more water. You do not want to dry it out until the beans are all the way cooked.
  4. If you wish, you may add some soy sauce to the beans (I sometimes and sometimes don't add it). 
  5. Season it with sugar and salt (I usually just randomly sprinkle it on until it looks right. No exact measurements). 
  6. Enjoy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...