Saturday, March 23, 2013

Healthier Spicy Mac N Cheese

Hey everyone. How are you guys doing today? I've been busy all week, thank you very much. However, I have to share this recipe with you. I'll tell you guys more about my week later in this post. Good thing I'm on Spring Break now! It's only one week though. 
 Anyway, this recipe is a very easy mac n cheese recipe. It's also so much healthier. I really hope you guys enjoy it. I used laughing cow swiss cheese and I used some sriracha. You have to love sriracha. It adds the spice that I love. I also used whole wheat noodles. Here's the recipe. 




Ingredients:
  • 1 cup dried whole wheat noodles
  • 2 wedges laughing cow swiss cheese
  • sriracha (or hot chili sauce)
Directions:
  1. Cook the whole wheat noodles. Boiling them for about 9 minutes should be enough. Drain the noodles. 
  2. Mix in the cheese until it melts. 
  3. Pour into a bowl. 
  4. Drizzle sriracha on top. 
  5. Enjoy
It's so simple and easy, right? And, it tastes so good! You can also add some garlic powder/salt if you want a bit more flavor. But, this is sufficient for me. 

Anyway, my week has been quite hectic. I had to do a lot of research for my group debate, I had to find articles for my group research project, volunteering, hanging out with friends, working out, taking tests and doing homework, attending class, you get what I mean. 

In my history class, we're learning about World War Two. We just learned about the Pacific part of the war, with Japan. We learned about the atomic bombs and that stuff. But, for that class, we also have to read Slaughterhouse Five and write a response paper to it. 

In biology, we're learning about genetics. It's quite interesting. The last thing we talked about was about genetic diseases. 

In psychology, we're learning about the research methods. 

As for my volunteering, I volunteer at the hospital. I actually got to see a procedure being done the past week. There was a patient that needed their pacemaker fixed. So, they had to cut into the chest to take the pacemaker and fix it. It was actually quite interesting and very bloody. But, somehow, I didn't faint or anything. The people there were surprised I didn't faint and said that I have a future doing this..anyway, it's amazing how it takes a lot of people to do the procedure. Medical work is teamwork. They ended up giving the patient a new pacemaker just to be on the safe side. 

My eats have been quite decent too. I tried this new snack that the vending machines have on campus. It's Mrs. May's Almond Crunch. 

I like how my school is trying to sell healthier things to its students. That's a good thing. What's even better is that these weren't half bad. It was basically just almonds and this sticky syrup that holds it together. It was crunchy and sweet. I liked it. 

Before my night class, I got hungry. So, I bought this Chicken Pesto Pita from the store on campus. 

It was pretty decent. The chicken was good and so was the pita. I just wish there was a bit more of the chicken filling in the pita. It was delicious, other than that. I also ate some Stacy's Cinnamon Sugar Pita Chips with this but I forgot to take a picture. The pita chips were pretty good. Then again, I love the cinnamon sugar combination and I do love pita chips. 

Before going to work on Friday, I stopped by Fluid (the coffee shop I love!) and ordered a Mexican mocha and one of their homemade whole wheat chocolate chip cookies. I love how they're using organic ingredients and are making their baked goods so much healthier. They even make vegan items too. Anyway, the cookie was delicious. Soft, moist and just the right amount of sweetness. 


I also went shopping today and I bought these cute heels. 

I know, the price tag says $24.99 or something like that but they were actually $14.99, originally $30.  I love these shoes..if only I could walk in heels and not trip. haha. Anyway....

I can't wait to try these raisinets and try eating pasta with the mushroom pasta sauce.

Also today, I went to this Japanese Bakery. I got this Hazelnut bread with Chocolate Cream and peanuts on top. Here's me with the bread. I know, I look so weird.



So, do you like Mac N Cheese?
What's your favorite savory food? Sweet food?
How was your week?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...