I can't believe that it has been one full lunar new year since I have started this blog. Blogging has been quite an experience for me and I really enjoy it. I thank you readers who come stop by to see what I have cooked up in the kitchen. I'm hoping that more readers come the upcoming year.
Anyway, for the New Year, I've decided to change my blog layout a bit, to make it more organized. I'm going to make a separate page for the different types of foods I have made. For example, I might make a category for "Asian" food, "Breakfast" and so on.
To celebrate the New Year, here's a really cute Chinese New Year song:
Here are some recipes that can be made for the Chinese New Year:
Baked Nian Gao
Red Bean Sesame Balls
Red Bean Mochi
Steamed Nian Gao 年糕
Steamed Sweet Glutinous Rice Balls
Chinese Steamed Cupcakes (Prosperity Cupcakes) 发糕
However, for the 发糕，I'm going to repost the recipe here. It's seems like everyone loves that recipe and, I've changed some of the measurements for the ingredients.
Chinese New Year Prosperity Cupcakes
- 1 box yellow cake mix (18.25 oz) any other flavor is fine
- 1 cup Glutinous Rice flour 糯米粉
- 1 cup Rice Flour 米粉
1 1/43/4 cup sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- In a mixing bowl, combine the cake mix, sugar and both the rice flours.
- Next, mix in the water. oil and eggs.
- Boil water in a wok or steamer.
- Fill the cupcake pans.
- Once the water has boiled, put the pan into the steamer or wok, cover it, and steam for 15 minutes. Once 15 minutes has gone by, take the lid off.
- Take it out of the wok, take out the cupcakes, and repeat until all the batter is gone. Wait until the cupcakes cool down before eating them. Enjoy! There is no need for frosting. :)