So, anyways, to celebrate the Chinese New Year, I decided to make these, 煎堆 . They're deep fried sesame glutinous rice balls. These have red bean filling in them. I love read bean. Anyway, even though they are really unhealthy (being deep fried in peanut oil) , they are so delicious! Don't eat too much of them though. Just a warning. Also, the deep frying part is the hardest part. Good luck. Here's the recipe.
- 3 1/2 cups glutinous rice flour
- 1 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 1/3 cup boiling water
- 1/2 cup sesame seeds
- 1 cup red bean paste
- In a bowl, add the sugar to the water.
- In another, put in the rice flour. Gradually add in the sugar water to the flour.
- Dust your hands with rice flour and form balls the size of golf balls.
- Then, with the red paste, form balls smaller than the dough.
- Punch a hole into the rice balls (but not all the way) and shape it into a cup like container. Place a red bean ball inside the cup and close the dough over the red bean.
- Roll it into the sesame seeds. Then deep fry in peanut oil.
- Blot the balls (because of the oil) and enjoy. :)
- Don't eat too much. ;)