Saturday, June 4, 2011

饺子 Potsticker/Dumpling Recipe

Hey Everyone! Here's the dumpling/pot sticker recipe that I've said I would eventually post. It's actually from another blog, but I added some other ingredients too. I'll rewrite their recipe,with my additions. My additions will be italicized and bolded.  I say that it tastes better with it. I've tried it both ways. The recipe is in metrics, so, be aware of that. They are so yummy. They also taste so much better than packaged ones, in my opinion. Most packaged things don't taste as good, anyways. Not as many preservatives in the home-made ones either, which is healthier. Sorry, I'm a health freak too.
So, I also have to apologize for not posting for a while. A lot has been going on, and I've been really stressed, and busy too. Some unfortunate things have happened, but life is life. That's just how it is. We have to deal with it. Anyways..enough about that.  Here's the recipe.


Ingredients
  • Minced Pork - 500 grams
  • Minced Shrimp- around 250 grams (or as much as you like. just eye it)
  • Minced Ginger root- 2 tbsp 
  • Soy Sauce- 4 tbsp
  • Cabbage - 500 grams 
  • Green Onion - 150 grams
  • Sesame oil - 6 tbsp
  • Sugar - 2 tbsp
  • Pepper - 1/4 tbsp
  • Salt - 3/4 tbsp (for the minced pork)
  • Salt - 1 tbsp (for cabbage)
  • Ready made dumpling skin - 2 packs of 25 pcs
Directions
  1. Chop the spring onions. Use the foodprocessor to shred the cabbage. Mix cabbage with 1 tablespoon salt and let it sit for 10 minutes. Squeeze the excess water out.  
  2. Mix the ground pork and minced shrimp with the sesame oil, soy sauce,  sugar and 3/4 tbsp salt. Mix the pork with the cabbage, ginger root and spring onions.  
  3. Use 1 tablespoon of filling per dumpling skin. Follow the instructions of the picture above (this link leads to the blog with the pictures). Only plead one side of the dumpling. Use water to pinch and seal the edges.
  4. Heat 2 tablespoon of oil in the pan. Fry the dumplings till golden brown (about 2 minutes). Add 100ml water to the pan, move the dumplings around to prevent sticking, and cover the pan. Cook for 5 minutes or until the water has almost evaporated. Serve with vinegar, soy sauce or chilli sauce.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...