Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Arroz Con Leche Receta (Rice Pudding)

Hi everyone. Once again, I've been very busy. I'm so sorry. I've finally gotten around to making arroz con leche, like I said I would. I'm sorry it's late. I've been very busy, getting things ready for the cinco de mayo assembly, as I have said before. I need to practice (singing and choregraphy), and outfits. It's so exciting, and yet, I'm still nervous. I've also been busy because I took the ACT a week or two ago. I was so nervous about that too. That's enough about my life right now. I'm guessing you guys want the recipe for the arroz con leche. Here it is. :)


Ingredients
  • 1 cup rice
  • 3-4 cups of water  (more water means more pudding like)
  • 1 cinnamon stick (or 1 or 2 tsp ground cinnamon)
  • 1 can evaporated milk
  • 1 can sweetened condensed milk
  • 1/2 cup sugar (or as much as you like, I like sweet)
  • 1 tsp vanilla extract



Directions
  1. Put the rice, water, and cinnamon together in a pot. Bring it to a boil, and cook the rice for about 20 to 30 minutes, until it's all cooked and a bit mushy.
  2. Then, remove the cinnamon stick, if you are using them. Add the evaporated milk, sweetened condensed milk, sugar and vanilla extract. Mix them, and then bring it to a boil for about 5 to 10 minutes.
  3. Make sure to watch it while cooking, because the milk can make it boil over. 
  4. Now, serve and enjoy. You can sprinkle some ground cinnamon if you want. You can also refrigerate it too, if you like it cold. Enjoy. :)

2 comments:

  1. Ooh, that looks interesting! My dad's a big fan of rice pudding, but I've never tried it myself. Maybe I should try your recipe. ;)

    Where is this food from? "Arroz Con Leche Receta" - is that Spanish? If so, I'd say you're preparing well for the Cinco de Mayo assembly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Julianna. :) And, yes, you should try my recipe. :) It's yummy. And, yes, it's spanish. it's called arroz con leche. receta means recipe in spanish. xD I'm so nervous about the Cinco de Mayo assembly! I've practiced a lot though. I can't wait. It's next week. May 6, a Friday. We can't have the actual 5 of May because it's a Thursday, and they don't like holding assemblies on Thursdays.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...