Wednesday, July 6, 2011

碱水粽 recipe

Hey, you guys! So, I finally asked my mom what the recipe is for the 碱水粽 (we have been very busy and I kept forgetting to ask) . I probably won't post a picture of this, because you guys have already seen a previous post of this. Then again...you guys might be too lazy to search for it. I'll post the picture right here. 

 The small ones you see in the left top corner are the 碱水粽 . They are smaller than the regular ones with peanuts, pork and those other fillings. The 碱水粽  has red bean in them, instead of the meaty filling. These 碱水粽  are more dessert like. They are really yummy. :) The only thing is that, there are really no exact measurement for the ingredients (the Asian way of doing things). I can only tell you the approximate amount. So, here's the recipe. 

Ingredients
  • around 3 and half cups Glutinous Rice
  • around 3 spoonfuls of sodium bi-carbonate (will be explained in directions)
  • 粽叶
  • 1 can red bean paste
  • sugar (optional) 
Directions:

  1. Prepare the leaves like how it was prepared for the other recipe
  2. In a huge bowl, put the rice in. Then, gradually add the sodium bi-carbonate until the rice has changed color (it should be some sort of yellow color). 
  3. Then, add the rice into the leaves that you have shaped like from the other recipe, and then you add red bean paste as the filling. You can add as much (or little) as you want. Wrap it the same way. I suggest adding more red bean paste for more taste. 
  4. Boil it for 3 to 4 hours. 
  5. Then, eat and enjoy. I usually dip it in sugar when I eat it (so do my parents and grandparents).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...