Sunday, July 3, 2011

Banana Muffins! Yummy Recipe. :)



Hey Everyone!! Man, It's been really long since I last posted a recipe. Things came up again, and I was too busy and stressed out about some things. Just to be clear, if any of you guys want me to translate any of these recipes into Spanish or Chinese, tell me. Email me (you can find on my profile or my first posts) or post a comment, and I will be happy to do so. I was going to post the 碱水粽 recipe, but it will the next post. I decided more on an American food, because tomorrow is the 4 of July! Independence Day! Yeah! I'm so happy. and excited. The food is banana muffin. xD This is more of a breakfast food, but hey, it's yummy, and you guys can eat it for a family brunch or something for the 4 of July. Just some ideas of what you can do for the 4 of July weekend.
Well, to tell you the truth, I made these banana muffins today because we had a lot of overripe bananas we needed to get rid of. They were too sweet and ripe for us to eat by themselves. We didn't want to waste the bananas either. My family loves these muffins, especially my little brother. Then again, he loves all baked goods. But, hey, who doesn't? Maybe I'll make some red velvet cake next time. I've made it before, but I will try again some other time when I can. I'm rambling off now. Here's the recipe for banana muffins.

Ingredients

In one bowl, combine and mix:
  • 1 1/2 cups flour
  • 1 tsp baking powder
  • 1 tsp baking soda
  • 1/2 - 1 tsp ground cinnamon (optional)
In another bowl:
  • 1/4 cup vegetable oil (or melted butter)
  • 3/4 cup sugar
  • 1 egg
  • 1-2 tsp vanilla extract
  • 1/4 cup milk
  • 3 ripe bananas
  • 1/2 cup chocolate chips (optional, I usually add it, but I ran out this time)
Directions: 
  1. In one bowl, sift and mix together the flour, baking soda, and baking powder. Also the cinnamon, if you are using it. 
  2. In another bowl, "cream together" the sugar and the oil (or the butter, if you are using that). Then, mix in the egg. 
  3. Peel the bananas, and put them in a plastic ziploc bag. Then, squeeze and mash the bananas. Add it to the sugar mixture. 
  4. Then, add the vanilla extract and milk to the sugar and banana mixture. Mix well.
  5. Then, combine the sugar mixture with the flour mixture. To do this, slowly pour and mix the flour mixture INTO the sugar and banana mixture. Mix, and combine. Do not over mix it. If wanted, you can add the chocolate chips. If you like adding nuts to your muffins, you can add them at this step.
  6. Preheat the oven to 350 F. 
  7. Place cupcake liners into a muffin pan and fill them 3/4 way full. If you are not using cupcake liners, spray the pan with pam spray so that the muffin won't stick to the pan after it's done baking. 
  8. Bake for 20 - 25 min. After they are done baking, enjoy eating them.









Buen Provecho! Díganme si me quieran que traducir esta receta en español.:)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...