Monday, January 14, 2013

Health Challenge

Hey everyone! As you know, I'm studying to become a Registered Dietitian (RD). I'm planning to minor in Psychology.
So, with this in mind, I want to challenge my eating habits. If you were to see a dietitian, you would want them to look physicality fit and healthy, right? It would make sense since they are telling you want to do so that you're eating a balanced diet that is suited for you. That is why I am doing this challenge. Even though I do eat a mainly healthy diet, I do have a sweet spot for baked goods. And, with the holidays, I've gained a few pounds (I think).
What am I going to do? I am going to eat cleaner and healthier. I hope it'll make me feel better about myself. But what makes it harder is that  my parents buy some packaged, processed foods that aren't good for the body and the health. It's so tempting but I have to learn self-control. I have to do a lot of meal planning, meal prepping and have to make do with the foods I have here at home.

They even bought these yesterday from the store:


They bought huge blueberry muffins from the store bakery. I can't believe it. They are so delicious but they are so full of sugar and fat. I'm happy to report that I haven't eaten these. I was so tempted to eat them though.

Here are some things that we bought yesterday at the store too:


Well, we didn't buy the Dark Orange Chocolate, salmon, or tofu yesterday but they are part of my meal prepping. Life Cinnamon Cereal (so yummy), LaraBars, Truvia, Zoi Greek Yogurt and baby carrots (to eat with hummus).

The LaraBar flavors are Peanut Butter Cookie and Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip. I haven't eaten the Peanut Butter Cookie but I have eaten the Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip. The Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip is delicious! I'll have to get back to you guys on the Peanut Butter Cookie once I eat it.

I also found these at the store:


I was so tempted to buy them, but I didn't.

Anyway, back to the challenge. It's going to last one week. I will try to continue after 1 week but we'll see how my budget goes. Some of these things can get quite pricey. I have already cooked my meals and put them in the freezer/refrigerator so that I won't be tempted to eat the foods that have added sugar, salt, oil, you get the gist. I also already created a meal plan for the next 7 days. Here are 3 of the 7 days, just so that you guys get the idea of what I will be consuming.

Day 1
Breakfast: Clif Bar Peanut Butter Crunch
Morning Snack: Orange
Lunch: 2 Nori Sushi Sushi Sheets, 1 boca burger, tuna mixed with hummus (to make a sushi roll)
Afternoon Snack: carrots + hummus
Dinner: Quinoa, baked salmon (with spices and a sauce made with sriracha and balsamic vinegar), steamed vegetables
Night Snack: Greek yogurt, truvia, cocoa powder, ground cinnamon

Day 2
Breakfast: 2 eggs with mixed vegetables, salsa, sriracha
Morning Snack: Orange
Lunch: 2 Nori Sushi Sheets, 1 boca burger, tuna mixed with hummus (sushi roll)
Afternoon Snack: carrots+hummus
Dinner: Quinoa, baked tofu (with spices and a sauce made with sriracha and balsamic vinegar), steamed vegetables
Night Snack: nonfat Greek yogurt, truvia, cocoa powder, ground cinnamon

Day 3:
Breakfast: protein powder, cocoa powder, stevia, milk
Morning Snack: Orange
Lunch: 2 Nori Sushi Sheets, salmon, sriracha
Afternoon Snack: LaraBar
Dinner: Quinoa, baked salmon, steamed veggies
Night Snack: nonfat Greek yogurt, truvia, cocoa powder, ground cinnamon

If I'm still hungry and want more snacks, I'll either snack on almonds, dark chocolate, or fruit.

I'm going to do my best to stick to my plan all week. Hopefully, it works out!







So, I challenge you to eat cleaner and healthier for a week. Let me know how it goes. I'll be posting updates everyday.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...